Work Experience can mark a turning point in a young person's life. Please encourage your child to make the most of this invaluable but optional opportunity.
The benefits are many and include helping students to:
- Experience different types of work enabling them to confirm or reject career ideas
- Develop their confidence
- Collect evidence for their Record of Achievement which is very useful at interviews: students are often asked about work experience at interview
- Develop their maturity and key skills
- Learn about what is expected of an employee
- Increase their motivation
- Develop their knowledge in their chosen area of work
- Gain a greater understanding of different environments and the working world in general
Year 10 Block Work Experience will take place for 3 days.